Explore the Backpacker’s Paradise- Gokarna !!
About Gokarna Backpacking Trip :
Karnataka is blessed with the mysterious Western Ghats, majestic waterfalls, mythological wonders and the endless coastal range. Name it and Karnataka has got it all!! One such precious gem of Karnataka is Gokarna. It is a small pilgrim town in the Uttar Kannada district and going on the Gokarna trip is something you cannot refuse. The town hosts the panoramic stretch of shiny and sandy beaches, where every year backpackers and tourists flock. While the beaches dotted with palm trees give you respite, you can also rejuvenate by beach trekking in Gokarna. A well known and unique adventure in Gokarna, beach trekking also allows you to beach hop. So, along with basking in the warmth of the golden sun by the serene beach, you can also go on exploring this town in a hippie style. Besides, cafe hopping can also be done.
Thus, Gokarna is an ideal destination for backpackers and we provide one of the best Gokarna tour packages. So, what are you waiting for? Hurry up and book your seats now!!
SHORT INFO & DATES
Outing Dates :
Batch 01 : TBA
Category : Backpacking India
Duration : 02 Nights / 03 Days
Bus Suggestions :
Going-Mumbai (03:00 pm)-Gokarna(06:10 am)
Return- Gokarna (06:45 pm)-Mumbai(07:45 am)
- Beach Hopping (Paradise Beach, Kudle Beach, Halfmoon Beach)
- Gokarna Temple
Day 0 : Depart from Mumbai to Gokarna by bus (bus booking @ redbus.in by yourself)
Day 01 : Arrival and exploring Kudle Beach
Our Gokarna trip starts, as we reach the town by 06:00 am and proceed towards our guest house / hostel. After arriving in the guest house/ hostel, we will have breakfast. Then, we will check in and freshen up. Post check in, we will explore the magnificent and sandy Kudle beach. Later, we will have lunch and continue exploring the Gokarna town. We will visit points like Gokarna temple and Om Beach. Then, in evening we will come back to our hostel/ guest house. Evening is spent in leisure, where we can stroll around the streets of the town and do some shopping.
Day 02 : A Day Out !
Today, we are going to indulge in an adventure in Gokarna. We will do beach trekking and beach hopping. Our beach trek will start from Kudle Beach and end at the beautiful Paradise beach. The trek will cover several other beaches like Halfmoon beach, between these two beaches.
In case if you plan to take a dip in the beach, do fill your bag pack with extra clothes. We will be back to our hostel/guest house by sunset. After the activity, have a shower and rest overnight at hostel/guest house.
Day 03 : Beach Hopping !!
On day 3, we wake up early in the morning and have breakfast, as we will leave for Yana caves which are around 45 km from Gokarna. Yana caves are two tall and huge black monolithic rocks in a dense forest. You have to trek up the hill to reach Yana caves. Hiking up and coming down will require about an hour. Later, by afternoon we will come back to the hostel/ guest house, freshen up and will go to Gokarna Cross. From Gokarna Cross, we will board the bus leaving for Mumbai.
Day 04 : Back to Mumbai
We arrive in Mumbai early morning and our memorable Gokarna trip ends here.
Your memorable Backpacking tour ends here.!
This is Guided Backpacking version of Trip. Our Itineraries are carefully put together by our backpacking experts aiming to cover & experience some lesser known must-see offbeat places in India in backpacking style. Our trips are the perfect way to rediscover yourself and socialize yourself with like minded backpackers while you explore the unexplored places in India which are offbeat and general tourist often skip because of the obscure nature of these locales. After all, Columbus wouldnt be Columbus if hed stuck to taking the same journey again and again, right Occasionally backpacking trips might be bit low on leisure but always high on experiences as you enjoy local street food, interact with locals, or sharing a dorm,hostel or home-stay with other fellow travelers at some breathtaking locations across India .
“Life is all about courage and going in to unknowns”
Seems like the kind of trip youve been waiting to take Save the date!
Tour Price : Rs.8,500/- per person+Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Members : Rs.8,300/- per members+Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Membership Details (Rs.1000/- only), click here
– This is Backpacking version of trip – Sometimes low on Leisure and But always High on experiences.
Visits, Activities and their order are subject to change for backpacking trip based on the discretion of Mumbai Travellers.
– Trip involves walking, trekking and Moped ride (Shared)
– Rental of bike and bicycle are subject to availability Mumbai travelers try their best to arrange the same. However – – In case of non-availability we will arrange alternate mode Local Rickshaw/bus.
1. All Transfers from Gokarna to Gokarna
2. Accommodation on sharing basis
3. Daily Breakfast and Dinner
4. An experienced backpacking expert & a Friend who will help you take the hassle out of your travel .
1. Lunch as we want you to try out local Cuisines and sea food & not restrict to particular restaurant, we have left that option to you. (Off course we have tons of secret food joint list would be happy to share with you.)
2. Any transfer till Gokarna and back
3. Liquor or hard drinks or soft drinks
4. Anything other than mentioned above inclusions
Cancellation & Refund Policy :
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 45 days of Tour/Event/Activity 100% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 30 days of Tour/Event/Activity 75% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 21 days of Tour/Event/Activity 50% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 15 days of Tour/Event/Activity 25% of total price will be refunded.
- After that no refund will be provided on Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant, irrespective even if youve booked within the last 15 days of Tour
*Free consultation and assistance from packing your backpack to choosing lens for your Camera (pre or post trip extended days)
THINGS TO CARRY
1. Gov approved Id proof Compulsory ( No Pan Card)
2. A small Backpack (Avoid Suitcases)
3. A Day Bag to hold camera and essential during sightseeing .
4. Beachwear in case you decide to swim or enjoy water sports.
5. Torch (Must)
6. Personal Medicines If any
7. Cap, Shades, Sun-screen etc.
8. Sport shoes or Good quality Floaters
9. Camera (Optional)
10. Sanitary Kit
11. Mosquito Repellent
FAQs For Backpacking Trips
1. What’s the age range of the Group trip
– We have travelers from all the groups of age. Since this is an offbeat backpacking travelling community, The majority of travelers are between the age group of 20-40 belonging from various professional sectors.
2. I am travelling solo for the first time . how can i expect my experience to be
– Most of our travelers here are solo . No one has a prior acquaintance with anybody other than on the community. It is going to be like the first day of school or college or office, excitement of meeting new people with the thrill of the trip. Do not expect anything less than an adventure. Absolutely, that’s the beauty of small group travel. You will make friends quickly and your Tour lead will become a good source of support to you along the way too!
3. Are single traveler mainly male or female
Most of our trips split pretty evenly down gender lines. We average roughly 60:40 female-to-males, so youll never feel outnumbered.
4. How can i be sure i am safe
– We follow a set of safety rules to make your travel experience physically and mentally safe. Our team is well trained and equipped to handle any kind of situations. Also we send precaution note for most of our trips couple of days
5. What if i want room to myself
The fun of travelling in groups is sharing of rooms. We recommend that you share the room with fellow travelers for better bonding and understanding. Somehow, if you wish to have a separate room anyway, that can be possible for additional amount depending upon the accommodation.
6. How much freedom do i have during a Backpacking trip
Every trip has an well designed itinerary to make most out of the destination or event. Group travel are all about experiences . However If any point of time, you feel like exploring the things by yourself or would like to skip a day at stay back apart from set Itinerary, you have the freedom to do so yes only after consulting with tour Lead (Remember Traveler adhere the additional cost if any 😉 ). Not everybody likes museums like no everyone enjoys shopping.
Essential Checklist :
Our number one piece of advice is: collect everything you think you need
Almost everyone brings far too much stuff. We like to travel light. However, everyone has different wants and needs, so make sure you bring the stuff that makes you happy when travelling!
1. Should i bring Backpack or Suitcase
– Either is completely fine! Personally, we would recommend a backpack as it easier to carry around when going from trains to boats (and easier to lift above your head when standing knee-deep in water ;)).
2. Parents often worry about the safety of their progeny. This is completely understandable.
– Its why a group tour is ideal for any first-time traveller you are mostly in the company of other travellers, so are far less likely to get into trouble than if you were travelling solo. We try to ensure the safety of all our travellers, however we are also against the babysitting approach of other tour companies. This means a healthy amount of individual space, with a base understanding that everyone is a self-sufficient, responsible adult.
3. What are accommodation like
During the tour you will be staying in varied places (one being the night train! during travel). However, most nights you will be staying in twin or Triple rooms/Hostels/Havelis/Nature Camps etc.. with a fellow Travellers. Our accommodation are comfortable and safe and we strive to get you guys in the best locations so some mornings youll be waking up on a lake, and others right on the beach!
4. How fit do I need to be
You dont have to be an athlete to travel with us all walks and activities are optional and there is something for everyone.
5. Do I need to bring a sleeping bag or mosquito net
You dont need to bring a sleeping bag unless informed but a sleeping bag liner/ inner is advisable. You don’t need to bring a mosquito net but we do recommend getting bug repellent
unique journeysunique people
Facebook Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/mumbaitravellersclub/
Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/MumbaiTravellers
Twitter : https://twitter.com/MumbaiTraveller
Mobile App : http://tinyurl.com/qh9pfkh