Theme: Hoisting the Indian Flag from Highest peak of Maharashtra on 15th August!!
About the Independence Special Trek to Kalsubai :
Kalsubai Peak is the Highest Peak of the Sahyadris (1646M) in the Akole Taluka of Ahmednagar District of Maharashtra. Kalsubai Temple is Located at the Topmost peak of Sahyadri Mountain Range Of Maharashtra. To reach the summit there are various trekking routes and animal tracks. The main route starts from the village of Bari which is about six km from Bhandardara. To reach Bari, one has to travel to Igatpuri on the Mumbai Nashik route.
SHORT INFO & DATES
Outing Date : 15th August 2018
Category : Trekking
Level : Medium
Duration : 1 Day
Leave from Dadar by 11:00 pm and proceed to Kasara on 14th August. Reach Bari Village (Base village of Mt.Kalsubai by 05:00 am. Freshen up and have breakfast. Post briefing and introduction session, starts ascending the Highest Peak of Maharashtra-Kalsubai. Reach at the top. We will hoist the Indian Flag and will proceed with National Anthem. It will be a Tribute to our Indian Army for their great work from long long time.
Explore the Surrounding. We will start descending. Have lunch at base village. Later we will leave back for Kasara. Tour concludes with Happy Memories :D
- Avoid carrying heavy weight for the trek. It is completely a 4 hours trek and not a picnic. The instructions given by the leads and co-leads must be followed by all travellers.
- As it is Trek from a nomadic village, there are no toilets available.
- Non-Vegetarian snacks or Food are not allowed on Trek.
- Consumption of Alcohol or smoking is strictly prohibited on trek. Drinking or Smoking and the arguments will not be entertained.
Tour Price : Rs.1,000/- per person+Taxes as applicable
For Lifetime Members : Rs.950/- per member+Taxes as applicable
For Lifetime Membership Details (Rs.1000/- only), click here
- Transportation from Dadar to Dadar by non-a/c vehicle
- Morning and Evening Refreshment
- Lunch for the Day
- Guide and Expertise Charges
- Anythings other then above mentioned inclusions.
- Taxes as applicable
Cancellation & Refund Policy :
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 21 days of Tour/Event/Activity 100% of total price will be refunded. (Condition Apply- Check Note Below)
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 15 days of Tour/Event/Activity 75% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 7 days of Tour/Event/Activity 50% of total price will be refunded.
- After that no refund will be provided on Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant, irrespective even if you’ve booked within the last 7 days.
THINGS TO CARRY
ID PROOF COMPULSORY (Aadhar / Pan Card / DL)
- Raincover / Poncho / Wind cheater
- Dry Food (snacks)
- Torch (Must) with extra cell
- Personal Medicines / First Aid Kit
- Cap, goggle, Sun screen
- Good quality trekking shoes(compulsory)
- Electrol powder / Glucon D / Tang
- Camera (Optional)
- Water Bottle (2 Litre) (Must)
- Towel / Napkin and Sanitary Kit
- Extra pair of clothes.
- Rucksack to carry all this thing.
1. Who can trek ?
Anyone who is physically fit can trek. We’ve trekked with all ranging from 6 years to 65 years old.
2. Where should I trek / adventure ? And with whom should I register ?
You can trek to any places near your current residing town. There are many groups who conduct such activities. Speak to your friend or their friends who can always suggest you whom to trek with. They can suggest you websites or provide you the contact of leaders with whom they have trekked before.
3. What are the Basic requirement for trekking ?
Some treks are strenuous and strictly not for novices. As an amateur trekker, you may feel nervous as to what you should do and what you should not during treks. Just follow the simple basic instructions or tips given by the trek leaders, while on trek.
Get your medical check-up done before planning a trekking trip, just in case you have any previous medical or injury history. During trekking, many suffer from cold, cough, stomach upset, dizziness, headaches or vertigo etc. It is your foremost responsibility to inform the trek leader if you have any medical issues.
4. How to choose a trek ?
If you are a beginner, choose and easy trek. You should not go for the tough/difficult level treks as they are generally meant for the experts. Choosing an easy trek first will give you experience & you’ll enjoy the thrill. A difficult level trek might ruin your experience. In case of any doubt call the office for more info and speak to an expert / division head.
5. What to carry in a backpack ?
Carry only bare essentials. An extra pair of clothes, some energy bars or protein snacks, your first aid kit and personal medication, personal hygiene products, towel or napkin, extra clothing such as Jackets (according to season).
6. What should we wear ?
Clothing should be according to season. Always wear long pants, and full sleeves clothes, they protect you from sunburn in summer, from cold in winter & Dri-fit clothing in rainy season.
7. What type of footwear ?
Choosing the right footwear is important for any outing. For any outdoor event we prefer proper trekking shoes. Try to get high ankle shoe if possible. Always buy a shoe size 1 number extra from your normal size (if size 6 fits tightly buy size 7). When buying shoes try them in the shop, check if they are comfortable and your toe can move in freely after wearing socks. Check brands like Action, Quechua, Merrell Salomon, Adidas.
8. What type of Backpack ?
Backpack is the most essential part of any outing. A normal 20 litre or 30 litre backpack is good for normal day outing. 30 litre or 40 litre backpack for overnight or 2 day outing. 50 litre backpack to carry 2-3 days outings loaded to carry extra essentials.
9. What food to carry ?
Carry homemade food, dry snacks, some mix dry fruits, dates, glucose powder, water 2 litre is enough for a days outing. Carry food according to your outing.
For More Details, Mail Us – firstname.lastname@example.org Or Call us – 08692055777 / 08692086927
unique journeys…unique people…
Facebook Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/mumbaitravellersclub/
Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/MumbaiTravellers
Twitter : https://twitter.com/MumbaiTraveller
Mobile App : http://tinyurl.com/qh9pfkh