Explore the Lost Civilization-Dholavira, Queen’s Stepwell & Modhera Sun Temple !!
About Dholavira, Queen’s Stepwell & Sun Temple :
On the Fringes of Gujarat, Dholavira is situated on a small island “Khadirbet” in the Kutch Desert Wildlife Sanctuary in Great Rann of Kutch. City of Dholavira is one of the Five Largest Harappan Civilization highlighting architecture, systematic Urban Planning and unearthed large number of antiquities. Making this one of the grandest city of the history , a stepwell has been excavated here considering it three times bigger than Mohen-Jo-Daro.
The Queen’s Stepwell also known as Rani-Ki-Vav is a Unesco World Heritage site located 05 hours drive from Dholavira. Well Famous for its ornate walls full with the sculptures of graceful Gods & Goddess narrating a Mythological story. It would be cherry on the cake to visit Modhera Sun Temple near Mehsana which is anciently built and a visit worth for the beautifully carved pillars and exterior. A small water reservoir beside the temple have small steps to reach at the bottom. It is a great combo of Historical miracles and is certainly one of the Most offbeat & Must Visit destinations in Gujarat. Get your bagpack ready to Explore it soon with Mumbai Travellers.
SHORT INFO & DATES
Outing Date : 13th-14th January 2018
Category : Eco-Tour
Duration : 01 Night / 02 Days
Train Suggestions :
Mumbai to Mehsana on 12th January 2018 : Aravali Express
Samakhiyali to Mumbai on 14th January 2018 : Kutch Express
1. Dholavira – One of the Five Largest Harappan Civilization
2. Rani-Ki-Vav – Queen’s Stepwell & UNESCO World heritage site
3. Sun Temple at Modhera
Day 00 : Leave from Bandra Terminus by Aravali Express by 20:55 hrs
Day 01 : 13th January 2018
Welcome to Gujarat ! Early morning arrival at Mahesana. With a short briefing and introduction, proceed to Modhera Sun Temple. Enroute freshen up and have breakfast. Reach and explore the graceful architecture of the temple. The Sun temple is believed to be constructed in Solanki dynasty under the king Bhimdev. The beautiful Rama Kund in front of temple has 108 shrines to various gods-demi-gods. The temple is gracefully carved showing similar carvings as Sun Temple in Konark.
Further, proceed towards to Rani Ki Vav, also known as Queen’s stepwell. It is the awarded as Cleanest Iconic Place in 2016. The 900 year old stepwell in the heart of Patan was built as the memorial to a king by Queen Udaymati. Witnessing the ornate seven layers of the stepwell which holds more than 500 sculptures leaves you awetruck ! Filling your SD cards with beautiful pictures, start our journey to the most awaited destination of the trip.
Post lunch, enjoy the long drive to the Khadir Island witnessing the Great Rann of Kutch. Late night check in to the hotel. Have dinner and rest for the day.
Day 02 : 14th January 2018
Our day starts with early morning informative session on the greatness of the largest Harappan Civilization- Dholavira. Explore the hidden land of Kutch and the grandest city of its era making it three times bigger than Great bath of Mohen-Jo-Daro. Visit the ASI established Dholavira Museum, fossil park. Have lunch and fill your shopping bags with handicraft at local villager’s house. Move towards Samakhiyali Railway station and board return train to Bandra Terminus by 10:40 p.m
Next Day : Reach Bandra Terminus by 10:25 am.
*Note : There might be alteration in the itinerary as per the situation
Tour Price : Rs.8,000/- per person + Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Members : Rs.7,800/- per member+ Tax as applicable
To be a Lifetime Member, (Rs.1000/- Only) Click Here
1. Transportation from Mehsana to Samakhiyali by ac vehicle
2. Accommodation on Twin Sharing basis
3. All Veg Meals on tour (02 breakfast, 02 lunch & 01 dinner)
4. Entry Tickets and sight-seeings
5. Tolls, Permit and Parking
6. Guide and Expertise Charges
1. Any Transfers till Mehsana & back from Samakhiyali
2. Meals on Train Journey
3. Any other thing then mentioned inclusions
1. Book your seats well in advance to get confirmed train tickets. You may get in touch with us for assistance regarding the train / flight booking, we will be happy to help you !
2. As it is totally offbeat destination, there are very basic facility available and limited sources available for the stay, vehicle and meals. Mumbai Travellers are serving the best facility available at Dholavira.
THINGS TO CARRY
ID Card is Must (DL/Aadhar Card/ Pan Card)
1. Extra Clothes (full sleeves cotton clothes)
2. Dry Food & Water Bottle (2L Must & snacks)
3. Personal Medicines/Personal First aid kit
4. Cap, goggle, sunscreen, moisturizer, sanitary kit etc…
5. Sport shoes or kitos
6. Electoral powder / Glucon D/ Tang
7. Camera (Optional)
8. Cotton T-shirt
9. Rucksack / Bagpack
10. Pullover / Bedsheet (for those travelling in Sleeper class)
11. Winter wear (in case of cold climate at night)
1. Where exactly is Dholavira and how to reach there
-Dholavira is an archaeological site at Khadirbet in Bhachau Taluka of Kutch District and nearest station is Samakhiyali Railway Station. You need to book train tickets as per above mentioned suggestion in itinerary.
2. Can you book train tickets for us
-You may get in touch with us for assistance regarding the train booking, we will be happy to help you!
3. How Far is Rani Ki Vav from Dholavira and how we will be travelling
-Rani Ki vav is 270 kms from Dholavira and easily takes 5 hours to reach there.
4. How far is Dholavira to Samakhiyali Railway Station
-Dholavira village is 165 kms from Samakhiyali rly stn and easily takes 03 hours to reach there.
5. Is children or senior citizen can join this ecotour
-Ecotours are open for all age group. Infants are not allowed on outdoor trips for health concern.
6. How many people will be their in one batch
-Normally, our batch size for this tour is 5-10 travellers and registration are open on first come first serve basis.
7. Can I get accommodation on twin sharing basis
-The accommodation is itself available on Twin sharing basis.
8. What is Child Policy
-If child needs extra seat in vehicle, extra bed and extra meals then the child will be considered as an adult. If not, then child will be exempted from tour cost and can travel free of cost.
9. What is best season to Explore Dholavira
-Dholavira is accessible throughout the year. November to February March is the best season to explore as the Khadir bet are inaccessible in monsoon and it will be too hot and humid in summer.
10. When will I get tour details of this tour
-Usually, the final tour details like things to carry, leaders contact details, meeting details and Dos & Donts will be send on email 3 days prior to the trip.
11. Can I pay on spot
-Travel Cashless ! Why to carry cash when we have multiple payment options like internet banking, cheque deposit or PayTm !
12. Can you customize the tour for us
You may surely opt for exclusive tour by customizing it. Please fill the form here to get the best deal.
unique journeysunique people
Facebook Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/mumbaitravellersclub/
Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/MumbaiTravellers
Twitter : https://twitter.com/MumbaiTraveller
Mobile App : http://tinyurl.com/qh9pfkh