Trek to Enigmatic Bhimashankar !!
About Bhimashankar & Nagfani Trek :
The Bhimashankara temple (one of 12 Jyotirlings) is a composite of old and the new structures and is built in the Nagara style of architecture. It is a modest yet graceful temple and it dates back to mid 18th century. The Shikhar of the temple was built by Nana Phadnavis. The great Maratha ruler Shivaji is also said to have made endowments to this temple to facilitate the carrying out, of worship services. As with other Shiva temples in this area, the sanctum is at a lower level.
Bhimashankar trek is known to be one of the best treks in Sahyadri ranges and we will be ascending via Shidi ghat (Ladder route) & descending via Ganesh ghat to make it more interesting. The forest of Bhimashankar is paradise for nature lovers as it hosts several exotic specie of wildlife and the most famous of all being the elusive rust-colored giant squirrel (Ratufa Indica Elphinstoni) — the state animal of Maharashtra.
Batch 01 : 23rd-24th June 2018
Batch 02 : 28th-29th July 2018
Batch 03 : 11th-12th August 2018
Batch 04 : 8th-9th September
Category : Trekking
Duration: 1 Night / 2 Days
Level : Medium (Only advisable for experienced trekkers)
Age Group : 18 – 40 yrs
Day 01 :
Early morning depart to Neral by Karjat Slow Train ( 05:18 am ). Meet leader at 7:50 am and proceed towards Khandas by local transport. Have Breakfast @ Khandas. Post breakfast, start ascending towards Bhimashankar by Sidhi Ghat. En-route own lunch. On arrival visit Bhimashankar temple. Evening visit Gupt Bhimashankar. Overnight dormitory stay at Bhimashankar.
Day 02 :
Early morning visit Nagfani pinnacle. Post breakfast proceed towards Khandas by Ganesh Ghat. Lunch at Khandas. Post lunch proceed towards Karjat / Neral by local transport.
Trek Concludes with fun loving Memories 🙂
Tour Price : Rs.1,650/- per person + Tax as applicable *
For Lifetime Members : Rs.1,600/- per member + Tax as applicable *
* – Refer to Cancellation & Refund Policy before booking
For Lifetime Membership Details (Rs.1000/- only), click here
1. Transportation from Neral to Khandas and back by local transport
2. Accommodation at Bhimashankar on sharing basis (Dormitory / Homely Stay)
3. Meals: (Saturday- Breakfast / Dinner) & Sunday (Breakfast / Lunch)
1. Saturday Lunch
2. Tax as applicable
3. Anything other then mentioned above
CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICY
- All cancellations must be intimated to our head office on phone followed by a written confirmation via email. Telephonic cancellation will not be accepted as ‘Cancellation Request’.
- For Long (3-Days & 2-Nights and More) Tour/Event/Activity like Special Tour, Backpacking, etc.)
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 45 days of Tour/Event/Activity 100% of total price will be refunded. (Condition Apply- Check Note Below)
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 30 days of Tour/Event/Activity 75% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 21 days of Tour/Event/Activity 50% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 15 days of Tour/Event/Activity 25% of total price will be refunded.
- After that no refund will be provided on Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant, irrespective even if you’ve booked within the last 15 days of Tour
- For Trekking/Cycling/Camping/Ecotours (2-Days & 1-Night and Less) Activity
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 21 days of Tour/Event/Activity 100% of total price will be refunded. (Condition Apply- Check Note Below)
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 15 days of Tour/Event/Activity 75% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 7 days of Tour/Event/Activity 50% of total price will be refunded.
- After that no refund will be provided on Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant, irrespective even if you’ve booked within the last 7 days.
- For Wildlife Tours (7-Days, 5 Days & 1 Nights and Less) Tour / Expedition / Trail
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 90 days of Tour/Event/Activity 80% of total price will be refunded. (Condition Apply- Check Note Below)
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 60 days of Tour/Event/Activity 60% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 30 days of Tour/Event/Activity 40% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 15 days of Tour/Event/Activity 20% of total price will be refunded
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 14 days or less of Tour/Event/Activity No refund will be provided.
- Refund amount will be initiated after deducting upto 2.5% of the refund amount. The applicable refund will be settled within 7 to 10 business days, after the cancellation request is approved by GO TRAVELLISM PRIVATE LIMITED.
- If Entire Tour/Event/Activity cancelled by GO TRAVELLISM PRIVATE LIMITED, then refund will be processed within 7 to 10 business days of informing to the customer about cancellation of Tour/Event/Activity.
- No refund will be provided, if customer claim any kind of refund after 30 days of services provided.
Please Note :
- Amount will be refunded through Electronic Transfer or by the card (Debit/Credit)
- Refund of amount will initiate after deducting the applicable cancellation Charges and service charge and both will be settled within 7 to 10 days of the day of cancellation request approved by GO TRAVELLISM PRIVATE LIMITED.
THINGS TO CARRY
Things to carry : Id Proof Compulsory
1. Lunch / Dinner as per schedule.
2. Water Bottle (2 Liters Compulsory)
3. Electral Powder / Energy bars / Dry Snacks (dry fruits. biscuits, plum cakes etc).
4. Good grip quality trekking shoes – Must (Please check soles of your shoes and get them stitched if necessary).
5. Personal Medication / First Aid kit
6. Toiletries (Napkin, facewash, tissue paper etc.).
7. Cap, goggles, sunscreen, moisturizer, mosquito repellent etc. (as per season)
8. Proper Backpack to carry all these things (No handbags, duffle bag or jholas)
9. Camera (Optional)
10. Rainwear (Jacket / Ponchos ) or Winter wear (Jackets, warmers or sweaters) – (as per season).
11. Carry your own glass, bowl, spoon and plate (if necessary)
12. Extra Pair of Clothes (as per schedule)
13. Sleeping bag / mat / bedsheet (as per schedule)
14. Slippers (optional – at the end of day / trek so that your feet can relax).
a. Who can trek
Anyone who is physically fit can trek. Weve trekked with all ranging from 6 years to 65 years old.
b. Where should I trek / adventure And with whom should I register
You can trek to any places near your current residing town. There are many groups who conduct such activities. Speak to your friend or their friends who can always suggest you whom to trek with. They can suggest you websites or provide you the contact of leaders with whom they have trekked before.
c. What are the Basic requirement for trekking
Some treks are strenuous and strictly not for novices. As an amateur trekker, you may feel nervous as to what you should do and what you should not during treks. Just follow the simple basic instructions or tips given by the trek leaders, while on trek.
Get your medical check-up done before planning a trekking trip, just in case you have any previous medical or injury history. During trekking, many suffer from cold, cough, stomach upset, dizziness, headaches or vertigo etc. It is your foremost responsibility to inform the trek leader if you have any medical issues.
d. How to choose a trek
If you are a beginner, choose and easy trek. You should not go for the tough/difficult level treks as they are generally meant for the experts. Choosing an easy trek first will give you experience & youll enjoy the thrill. A difficult level trek might ruin your experience. In case of any doubt call the office for more info and speak to an expert / division head.
e. What to carry in a backpack
Carry only bare essentials. An extra pair of clothes, some energy bars or protein snacks, your first aid kit and personal medication, personal hygiene products, towel or napkin, extra clothing such as Jackets (according to season).
f. What should we wear
Clothing should be according to season. Always wear long pants, and full sleeves clothes, they protect you from sunburn in summer, from cold in winter & Dri-fit clothing in rainy season.
g. What type of footwear
Choosing the right footwear is important for any outing. For any outdoor event we prefer proper trekking shoes. Try to get high ankle shoe if possible. Always buy a shoe size 1 number extra from your normal size (if size 6 fits tightly buy size 7). When buying shoes try them in the shop, check if they are comfortable and your toe can move in freely after wearing socks. Check brands like Action, Quechua, Merrell Salomon, Adidas.
h. What type of Backpack
Backpack is the most essential part of any outing. A normal 20 litre or 30 litre backpack is good for normal day outing. 30 litre or 40 litre backpack for overnight or 2 day outing. 50 litre backpack to carry 2-3 days outings loaded to carry extra essentials.
i. What food to carry
Carry homemade food, dry snacks, some mix dry fruits, dates, glucose powder, water 2 litre is enough for a days outing. Carry food according to your outing.
For Registrations mail us at email@example.com
unique journeys…unique people…
Facebook Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/mumbaitravellersclub/
Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/MumbaiTravellers
Twitter : https://twitter.com/MumbaiTraveller
Mobile App : http://tinyurl.com/qh9pfkh