Offbeat Kashmir Backpacking !!
About the Trip :
An irony of life: things that we achieve easily doesn’t add to our happiness and can be achieved by everyone! And to justify this statement, no other example can be better that than of a diamond. Yes…if diamonds were to be found everywhere, it would never have had the same value or appeal! Likewise, for a traveller at heart, destinations or places that cannot be traced by others or unknown to others, are the destinations that make their hearts sink with wonderment and true romance of the nature! Kashmir, as we all know, is the jewel in the crown of India and is one of the most beautiful places to visit in India. However, only a handful of travellers know the fact that this paradise on earth is also the home to some of the hidden gems that are yet to be discovered!
No one can deny that this place is blessed with surreal blissful beauty. In-spite of the violent recent past, nothing has been able to deter the tourists from visiting this place. Located in the lap of Himalayan Mountains, there are limitless tourist destinations. A year-round-magnet, Kashmir certainly knows how to keep its visitors happy. There is no denial that this slice of paradise is brimmed with places worth visiting, but considering the urge of travellers to see-something-new-something-different has led to a lot of off-beat destinations in Kashmir stealing the limelight from the otherwise cliched tourist hot-spots.Well, though sounds unbelievable, but it is true that Kashmir has some of the mystical places that are still untouched by the tourists and truly deserves a visit. To satisfy the traveller in you,
So, all you folks out there waiting for those perfect less-seen-less-heard places to reveal the wanderer in you, we have a surprise for you!
Mumbai Travellers Offbeat Tour Kashmir (Backpacking Style) hand-picked offbeat destinations in Kashmir that will make you believe that if there is paradise on earth it is here in Kashmir.
Highlight of the Tour : Aru Valley | Yusmerg | Srinagar | Sonmarg
SHORT INFO & DATES
Outing Date : TBA
Category : Backpacking India
Duration : 5 Nights 6 Days : Srinagar (1N)-Aru (1N)- (1N)-Yusmarg (2N)
The splendid views of Aru valley
Aru valley is just 12kms away from Pahalgam. When you are driving from Pahalgam to Aru or back down, the views are just hypnotizing. The bright blue river cutting through the mountains full of pine trees is a delight to watch. It is coming straight out of a canvas painting.
The vast open meadows and Horse grazing on it with a backdrop of mountains, makes it a very picturesque location. Just lie down to stare its beauty or get involved with the locals playing cricket.
The adventures of Pahalgam
Pahalgam might be commercialized, but, it is still worth visiting. Go to the Bollywood obsessed Betaab valley. At Chandanwadi water rafting in the Lidder River through natural forests and down the exhilarating rapids is a must. Pony rides are available to a scenic meadow called Baisaran or ‘Mini Switzerland’ from city center.
In the evening, the clear blue skies start giving way to hues of red and orange as the sun prepares to retire for the night. Mind you! People sleep early. There are no intermitting lights beaming, No traffic horns, no beats of party music in the distance.
The cultural experience of Srinagar
Kashmir is synonymous with Srinagar and its Dal Lake.
Dal Lake has its own mini world. Tourism and the daily routine of the folks living on the lake revolve around Shikara.
If you are at Dal Lake, a stay in a Shikara is a must. Shikaras are the traditionally designed wooden boats. As you enter a Shikara, Old world charm oozes out of the houseboat. Beautiful wooden furniture with intricate carving and elegantly embroidered carpet greets as you enter.
Dal Lake has its own floating market, floating gardens and floating restaurants. But there is one more hidden place just next to Dal Lake, The Nagin Lake. No, don’t worry, it has nothing to do with snakes.
Nagin Lake is more offbeat and a better part of Dal Lake. Staying in a house boat here is much better compared to Dal Lake. When the oar is splashed slowly and continuously in the water, it is an absolute music to the ears. Being a wetland, it’s a birder’s paradise as well.
The mesmerizing snow of Sonmarg
Sonmarg literally means meadow of Gold. When the golden rays of sun fall upon the bright color of snow, it is a magical sight to see! The drive from Srinagar to Sonmarg passes through some spectacular Himalayan landscape.
Located at an altitude of 2800 m, Sonmarg is surrounded by the eternally beautiful lakes and glaciers. Get some woolen gear and gum boots for rent, start climbing the snow-laced mountains. A Gondola ride gives magnificent aerial views from the top! Thijiwas Glacier, Fish Pond & Sarbal Park are some of the places to visit.
Day 1 : 23rd June 2018
Arrival at Srinagar airport at 8.30 am.Today we are driving towards Aru valley ! Aru is small village near Pahalgam which is around 12 kms journey with lush green valley, flowing river. Early evening, we reach at our hotel. After having “Kashmiri Kava”, hop in for 2 hours trek to Green top Point and interact with local community of shepherds. Day ends with dinner and campfire.
Day 02 : 24th June 2018
Starts early. We are heading for a day trek to other side of Aru valley and day end with cricket, volleyball at green meadows of Aru valley. Overnight stay in Aru valley.
Day 3 : 25th June 2018
Today, welcome to Srinagar! An ideal place for travelers interested in exploring cultures and traditions. Known for their excellent weaves and handicrafts, myriad music and dance forms and delicious culinary treats !
Overnight stay in a houseboat.
Day 4 : 26th June 2018
Head to Yusmarg. Less explored Yusmarg in Kashmiri means “The Meadow of Jesus”. It is an alpine valley covered with snow clad mountains and the meadows of Pine and Fir. Also, visit Doodh Ganga on our way.
Day 5 : 27th June 2018
Today is relaxed day at cottage of Yusmarg. Explore the small hamlet called Charare Sharif by local bus, may be you can seat at top of the bus !
Day 6 : 28th June 2018
Arrival at Srinagar. Board return flight back to Mumbai. Tour ends with happy memories.
PS – Remember, the real fun of travelling is in breaking the standard itinerary and doing something different!
This is Guided Backpacking version of Trip. Our Itineraries are carefully put together by our backpacking experts aiming to cover & experience some lesser known must-see offbeat places in India in backpacking style. Our trips are the perfect way to rediscover yourself and socialize yourself with like minded backpackers while you explore the unexplored places in India which are offbeat and general tourist often skip because of the obscure nature of these locales. After all, Columbus wouldn’t be Columbus if he’d stuck to taking the same journey again and again, right? Occasionally backpacking trips might be bit low on leisure but always high on experiences as you enjoy local street food, interact with locals, or sharing a dorm,hostel or home-stay with other fellow travelers at some breathtaking locations across India .
“Life is all about courage and going in to unknowns”
Seems like the kind of trip you’ve been waiting to take? Save the date!
Tour Price : Rs.24,000/- per person+ Taxes as applicable
For Lifetime Members : Rs.23,500/- per member+ Taxes as applicable
For Lifetime Membership Details (Rs.1000/- only) , click here
- Daily Breakfast.
- 6 Nights accommodation in Hostels, Houseboats, Homestays or Hotels.
- All Intercity and Intra city transfers & Long distance sightseeing in Traveller or similar.
- An experienced backpacking expert & a Friend who will help you take the hassle out of your travel .
- Lunch, as we want you to try out local Cuisines & not restrict to particular restaurant, we have left that option to you. (Off course we have tons of secret food joint list would be happy to share with you.)
- Guide fees for Trekking / Fishing and other activities & Entry tickets like museum some don’t so why pay us if you don’t
- Flights Tickets Mumbai – Srinagar – Mumbai.
- Anything other than mentioned Above.
(Free consultation and assistance from packing your backpack to choosing lens for your Camera (pre or post trip extended days)
Cancellation and Refund applicable on whole tour price :
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 45 days of Tour/Event/Activity 100% of total price will be refunded. (Condition Apply- Check Note Below)
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 30 days of Tour/Event/Activity 75% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 21 days of Tour/Event/Activity 50% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 15 days of Tour/Event/Activity 25% of total price will be refunded.
- After that no refund will be provided on Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant, irrespective even if you’ve booked within the last 15 days of Tour
THINGS TO CARRY
1. Gov approved Id proof Compulsory ( NO Pan Card)
2. A small Backpack (Avoid Suitcases)
3. A Day Bag to hold camera and essential during sightseeing .
4. Beachwear in case you decide to swim or enjoy water sports.
5. Torch (Must)
6. Personal Medicines If any
7. Cap, Shades, Sun-screen etc….
8. Sport shoes or Good quality Floaters
9. Camera (Optional)
10. Sanitary Kit
11. Mosquito Repellent
FAQ’s For Backpacking Trips
1. What’s the age range of the Group trip?
– We have travelers from all the groups of age. Since this is an offbeat backpacking travelling community, The majority of travelers are between the age group of 20-40 belonging from various professional sectors.
2. I am travelling solo for the first time . how can i expect my experience to be ?
– Most of our travelers here are solo . No one has a prior acquaintance with anybody other than on the community. It is going to be like the first day of school or college or office, excitement of meeting new people with the thrill of the trip. Do not expect anything less than an adventure. Absolutely, that’s the beauty of small group travel. You will make friends quickly and your Tour lead will become a good source of support to you along the way too!
3. Are single traveler mainly male or female?
Most of our trips split pretty evenly down gender lines. We average roughly 60:40 female-to-males, so you’ll never feel outnumbered.
4. How can i be sure i am safe ?
– We follow a set of safety rules to make your travel experience physically and mentally safe. Our team is well trained and equipped to handle any kind of situations. Also we send precaution note for most of our trips couple of days
5. What if i want room to myself ?
The fun of travelling in groups is sharing of rooms. We recommend that you share the room with fellow travelers for better bonding and understanding. Somehow, if you wish to have a separate room anyway, that can be possible for additional amount depending upon the accommodation.
6. How much freedom do i have during a Backpacking trip ?
Every trip has an well designed itinerary to make most out of the destination or event. Group travel are all about experiences . However If any point of time, you feel like exploring the things by yourself or would like to skip a day at stay back apart from set Itinerary, you have the freedom to do so yes only after consulting with tour Lead (Remember Traveler adhere the additional cost if any 😉 ). Not everybody likes museums like no everyone enjoys shopping.
Essential Checklist :
Our number one piece of advice is: collect everything you think you need…
Almost everyone brings far too much stuff. We like to travel light. However, everyone has different wants and needs, so make sure you bring the stuff that makes you happy when travelling!
1. Should i bring Backpack or Suitcase ?
– Either is completely fine! Personally, we would recommend a backpack as it easier to carry around when going from trains to boats (and easier to lift above your head when standing knee-deep in water ;)).
2. Parents often worry about the safety of their progeny. This is completely understandable.
– It’s why a group tour is ideal for any first-time traveller… you are mostly in the company of other travellers, so are far less likely to get into trouble than if you were travelling solo. We try to ensure the safety of all our travellers, however we are also against the ‘babysitting’ approach of other tour companies. This means a healthy amount of individual space, with a base understanding that everyone is a self-sufficient, responsible adult.
3. What are accommodation like ?
During the tour you will be staying in varied places (one being the night train! during travel). However, most nights you will be staying in twin or Triple rooms/Hostels/Havelis/Nature Camps etc.. with a fellow Travellers. Our accommodation are comfortable and safe and we strive to get you guys in the best locations – so some mornings you’ll be waking up on a lake, and others right on the beach!
4. How fit do I need to be?
You don’t have to be an athlete to travel with us – all walks and activities are optional and there is something for everyone.
5. Do I need to bring a sleeping bag or mosquito net?
You don’t need to bring a sleeping bag unless informed but a sleeping bag liner/ inner is advisable. You don’t need to bring a mosquito net but we do recommend getting bug repellent
unique journeys…unique people…
Facebook Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/mumbaitravellersclub/
Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/MumbaiTravellers
Twitter : https://twitter.com/MumbaiTraveller
Mobile App : http://tinyurl.com/qh9pfkh