Clicking the Stars…!!
About photography trip near Mumbai and camping at Vaitarna:
You have seen the photos on the internet, on your phone and on your computer, the beautiful majestic arc of the Milky Way, the mesmerizing star trails and the starry, starry night that seems like magic.
The world is beautiful and the magic of the stars is unparalleled in inducing in sense of wonder that one can hardly forget. We finally bring you a session that will help you to learn and shoot the night sky. All you need is a camera and the willingness to learn.
Our resident Stargazer and Photography expert Mr. Vikram Virulkar will help you throughout the trip by guiding you as to how to shoot the night sky, he will be sharing multiple shooting techniques, advice on how to frame your shots, help you understand the night sky and what to expect while shooting in the dark. There will also be a small session on Post processing and understanding the finishing touches on the final images.
You can check his images on his Instagram profile here – www.instagram.com/vikramv
Vaitarna Lake is also called as upper Vaitarna portion. The reservoir is created by a dam that spreads on both Vaitarna and Godavari River catchment area.
Vaitarna Dam is an earth fill and gravity dam on Vaitarna River near Igatpuri, Nashik district of Maharashtra state. It is one of the primary sources, used by municipality for water supply in Mumbai. This place is rarely visited by tourists. However, it has become a famous site for riverside camping near Mumbai, as it is surrounded by mountains and small villages consisting of 8-15 houses, per village.
SHORT INFO & DATES
Outing Dates :
Batch 01: 03th-04th May 2019
Batch 02: 10th-11th May 2019
Category : Photography / Camping
Type : Stargazing
Duration : 1 Night / 2 Days
1) Short trek to reach the campsite.
2) Get mesmerized and informed in the stargazing session.
3) Discover and learn about various Stars, Astrophotography and Low light Photography session.
Day 1 :
We will reach at base village by 4.30 PM on Day-1. There will be refreshments at the village as we arrive, we will have a small briefing to familiarize our self with the shooting techniques and some advice will be given by your Photography mentor for the night.
08:00 PM- General Briefing about the night sky and how to locate and find your targets in the sky without using Apps or any other aid.
08:30 pm – Familiarizing yourself to the camera and understanding the general settings of the camera
09:00 pm – Dinner Break
09:30 pm – Shooting begins
11:00 pm – Review session and active feedback
12:00 am – Break.
01:00 am – Shooting resumes and continues into Morning.
07:00 am – head back to the base village after sunrise.
07:30 am – Breakfast.
08:00 am – Short session on Post processing, Q&A and feedback.
09:00 am – Begin Return Journey back to Mumbai.
1. Basic Washroom facility available at campsite, it’s camping not a leisure trip so one needs to prepare themselves accordingly.
Tour Price : Rs.4,999/- per person+Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Members : Rs.4,699/- per member+Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Membership details (Rs.1000/- Only), Click Here
1. Accommodation in Tents on Twin Sharing basis
2. Meals during the trip (Evening Snacks-Dinner-Breakfast) with tea and refreshment. Veg and Non Veg both.
3. All permissions, Expertise
4. Astrophotography Session with Telescope with our expert Mr. Vikram Virulkar
Note : Temporary camping toilet available near campsite.
1. Enroute Food
3. Tax as applicable
4. Anything other than mentioned above
For People Coming by Private Vehicle:
It Takes around 3.5 – 4 Hours to reach at the Campsite from Mumbai
For People who want us to arrange Transportation:
1. Transportation cost considering on sharing basis at actual. Transportation amount would be collected a day before the event, either by online transfer or in cash.
2. We will keep 2/3 pick-up points depend upon locations of the people, informed to you 1 day prior
3. En-route, we halt for lunch (At your own).
4. We will leave from the Campsite around 9 am and return to Mumbai around 2 pm.
Cancellation & Refund Policy :
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 21 days of Tour/Event/Activity 100% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 15 days of Tour/Event/Activity 75% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 7 days of Tour/Event/Activity 50% of total price will be refunded.
- After that no refund will be provided on Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant, irrespective even if you’ve booked within the last 7 days.
THINGS TO CARRY
Things to Carry (Workshop Specific)
1. DSLR or MirrorlessCamera (Must, phones and point and shoots not allowed)
2. Tripod (Must)
3. Wide angle Lenses with lower F-number (Telephoto lenses are not required)
4. Fully Charged Laptop with Editing software (Optional)
5. Extra batteries (Batteries must be fully charged before leaving as there is no power source at the Campsite)
6. Torch with Red Cellophane Paper
7. Snacks, chocolate bars to munch on in the night.
8. Intervalometer or Wireless release (Optional)
Other Things to Carry : Id Proof Compulsory
1. Dry Food (Snacks)
2. Torch with Extra cell + candle/matchbox/lighter
3. Personal Medicines
4. Extra clothes and rain wear
5. Cap, Mosquito repellent
6. Sports Shoes/Trekking Shoes (Compulsory)
7. Electral Powder/Tang/Glucon D
8. Sanitary kit
9. Camera (Optional)
10. Water bottle (2ltr must)
11. Rucksack to carry all things. ( No handbags/jholas)
12. Bedsheet/ Pull over (Compulsory)
13. Raincoat or Poncho. (as per season)
1. Where exactly is Campsite and how to reach there ?
– Campsite is located at Nashik District and the nearest railway station is Kasara.
2. Can we drive down till campsite ?
– If you are planning to drive down to campsite, it will be totally at your own risk as Mumbai Travellers are not responsible for thefting, damage or any break down.
3. Can children or senior citizen join this camping ?
– Camping are open for all age group. Infants are not allowed on outdoor trips for health concern.
4. How many people will be there in one batch ?
– Normally, our batch size for Camping is 10-25 travellers and registration are open on first come first serve basis.
5. What are washroom facility available at campsite ?
– As we are already in wilderness, the facility of washroom is very basic and limited. We provide toilet tent near Campsite, common for every one!
6. What is Child Policy ?
– If child needs extra seat in vehicle, extra bed and extra meals then the child will be considered as an adult. If not, then child below 04 years will be exempted from tour cost and can travel free of cost.
7. I have already registered. When will I get tour details of Camping event
– Usually, the final tour details like things to carry, leader’s contact details, meeting details and Do’s & Dont’s will be send on email 1-2 days prior to the trip.
8. Can I pay on spot ?
– Travel Cashless ! Why to carry cash when we have multiple payment options like internet banking & online payment.
9. Can we leave early from Campsite ?
– As it is a group tour, we prefer people staying in the group and enjoy every part of scheduled trip and expect everyone to adhere the schedule and take back lovely memories.
10. What kind of Tents are we staying ?
– We have Alpine Tents with waterproof covering.
unique journeys…unique people…
Facebook Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/mumbaitravellersclub/
Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/MumbaiTravellers
Twitter : https://twitter.com/MumbaiTraveller
Mobile App : http://tinyurl.com/qh9pfkh