Get Ready for the First Ever Batch of Anjarle Turtle Fest !!
About Anjarle Turtle Festival 2018 :
Anjarle is a small port village nestled on the coastline of Ratnagiri District which is famous for its 2 kms long stretch of white sand surrounded with Palm Trees, Kadyavarcha Ganpati and Konkani lifestyle. After the on going conservation taken at Velas, an initiative was taken by Village Gram Panchayat, Sahyadri Nisargamitra, Kasav Mitra Mandal-Anjarl, Nirmal Sagar Tat Abhiyan and Maharashtra Forest department to conserve Olive Ridley Turtle by protecting their eggs which are found at Anjarle shoreline. In recent years, the tiny village of Anjarle in Maharashtra, bears witness to a truly heart-warming sight as hundreds of newly hatched Olive Ridley turtles take their first steps towards the big blue sea. The start of life afresh! Mumbai Travellers welcomes all the nature lover for this year’s turtle festival, as we take you on a truly unforgettable journey to witness these exquisite creatures take tiny footsteps in the vast, white sands of the Konkan.
Ecotourism in Anjarle :
Anjarle is not only home to turtles but also to a myriad of ecotourism flavour. When you are done with turtle sightings, there is so much more in store including village walk, trip to the historic Suvarnadurg Fort and well well famous Temple, Kadywarcha Ganpati and Shree Keshavraj (Vishnu) and Shree Vyaghreshwar (Siva) in the sacred grooves.
SHORT INFO & DATES
Outing Date : 07th-08th April 2018
Category : Eco Tours
Duration : 02 Night / 02 Days
Day 00 – Friday :
Late night departure from Dadar by 10:00 pm to Anjarle by non-ac luxury bus. Enroute pick up at Vashi & Kalamboli.
Day 01 – Saturday
We will reach Anjarle by 06:00 am. Unload your bags in homestay and Visit Anjarle beach to witness those tiny turtle taking their first step. Post sightings, briefing session about Olive Ridley Turtle and fight for their existence. Move towards our dormitory accommodation. Have homely breakfast and introduction session.
Proceed to visit Suvarnadurg Fort. The ruins which still stand in middle of Arabian sea which is well known for its history and beautiful view Harnai Port. Back to our dwelling homestay for typical Konkani lunch.
Post lunch, rest till evening. Visit Anjarle beach by evening looking for more sightings of olive ridley turtle hatching. Enjoy the group games, stories and experiences to be shared till dinner. Dinner and rest.
Day 02 – Sunday
Early morning wake up with a hope of sighting those baby turtles again. Post sighting session, we will have breakfast and leave for well famous Temple, Kadywarcha Ganpati and Shree Keshavraj (Vishnu) and Shree Vyaghreshwar (Siva) in the sacred grooves. Enjoy lunch at Dapoli and proceed back to Mumbai. Reach Mumbai by late evening. Tour Concludes with Happy Memories 🙂
*Note : There might be alteration in the itinerary as per the situation
Tour Price : Rs.3,499/- per person+Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Membership : Rs.3,299/- per member+Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Membership Details (Rs.1000/- only), click here
- Accommodation in home-stay on dormitory sharing basis
- Transportation from Dadar & back by A/C Private Vehicle
- All Veg meals on tour (you may pay the difference amount on spot for non-veg meals)
- Boat Ride Charges
- Sightseeing as per the schedule
- Expertise & Guide Charges
1. GST as applicable
2. Anythings other then above mentioned inclusions.
1. The tour dates have been planned after precise calculation of probable hatching dates and as per the information provided by volunteers and researchers at Anjarle however turtle sightings is a natural phenomena and is matter of luck.
2. Considering safety and security measure, it is strictly not permitted to swim at Anjarle beach.
3. Moreover, we expect our travellers to take this a complete ecotourism experience, enjoy & explore every bit of the tour and think beyond “just sightings”. There is a lot to enjoy in this short tour so Let’s be travellers, not Tourists 🙂
4. As it is totally eco-tour, we provide accommodation in on homestay sharing basis. Food is hygienic and prepared in local spices by our hosts at Anjarle village, Ratnagiri.
THINGS TO CARRY
ID Proof (Pan card/Driving License)1. Extra pair of clothes
2. Dry Food / Snacks and Water Bottle
3. Personal First Aid kit4. Sanitary kit5. Cap, Glares, Sunscreen, moisturizer etc.6.Torch with extra battery7. Sturdy shoes Or Kitos8. Rugsack to carry things9. Camera, Binoculars – Optional
10. Winter Wears
11. Electoral Powder / Glucon D / Tang / Energy Bar etc.
For More FAQs, please visit this link : https://www.mumbaitravellers.in/faq/
For more details or to customize the tour, mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org Or Call us at 08692086927 / 08692055777
unique journeys…unique people…
Facebook Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/mumbaitravellersclub/
Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/MumbaiTravellers
Twitter : https://twitter.com/MumbaiTraveller
Mobile App : http://tinyurl.com/qh9pfkh