‘We must take adventure in order to know where we truly belong’. We all connect to this beautiful quote and look forward to test ourselves through various adventure activities. Here is quick information about the top 10 Adventure Sport Destinations in India”
1. Trekking-Himalayas & Sahyadris : Trekking is the best way to explore the nature with minimum energy requirement. Trekking is mostly done in groups whereas some travelers prefer to trek alone. It depends on the individual’s outlook of the activity. Sleeping in tents, eating local food, etc are some of the characteristics of the activity.
Make it happen: There are a number of trekking options in the Himalayas viz. Roopkund trek, Sandakphu trek, Sarpass trek, Beas Kund trek, Stok-Kangri Trek, Chadar Trek, etc. The Sahyadri range is filled with many trekking options like Kalsubai Trek, Rajmachi Trek, Harishchandragadh, Lohgadh and range treks like Lobhi trek, Satmala range, Selbari range etc.
Check our trekking calendar here : https://www.mumbaitravellers.in/weekend-treks-near-mumbai-and-pune/
2. Paragliding : Paragliding is a flying adventure sport where one sits in the harness suspended over a strong fabric which helps in the flight. One can feel like flying in the sky like a bird! Paragliding tests your guts, but is an activity with very less requirements i.e. Strong winds and a cliff.
Make it happen: Kamshet (Maharashtra), Manali and Darjeeling.
Check our paragliding activities at https://www.mumbaitravellers.in/paragliding-tours-kamshet-near-mumbai/
3. Rock Climbing : You look around and can see as far out as miles — nothing dotting your vision all the way to the horizon. Over rivers, lakes, tree-tops, even entire forests.If you’re the kind that likes to push themselves — then here is the edge. Hang on. Climbs can often prove grueling and tough, but the magic of the surrounding mountains landscapes always keep the spirits high of a climber.
Make it happen : Miyar valley (Himachal Pradesh), Madhugiri in Tumkur town (Karnataka), Pythal Mala (Kerala), Malshej Ghat (Maharashtra).
4. Waterfall Rappelling : Waterfall rappelling or Canyoning is one of the lesser tried adventure sports in India.Waterfall Rappelling is similar to Rappelling except here the participants slide down through a waterfall with the help of a rope. Why is it so awesome, if you may ask; is because it gives you so much all at once. A trek to the top, the experience of rappelling and river swimming!
Make it happen: Vardayini Waterfall (Maharashtra), Jogini Waterfall in Manali, Neer Gaddu waterfalls in Rishikesh, Kondana Caves Waterfalls at Karjat (Maharashtra), Bekare Waterfall at Bhivpuri ((Maharashtra), Dodhani Waterfall at Panvel (Maharashtra), Dudhiware Waterfall at Lonavala (Maharashtra) etc.
Check our waterfall rappelling activities at https://www.mumbaitravellers.in/waterfall-rappelling-near-mumbai-pune-monsoon-batches/
5. Bungee Jumping : Bungee jumping involves leaping from a height connected to a large elastic rope (or cord), which is tied to the feet – or, more specifically, the ankles. This is as adrenaline- filled an activity as any dream up by adventure fanatics. The thrill comes from the free-falling and the rebound.All you need is plenty of nervous energy – too much of it, and you might just back out! HAHA, don’t freak out, it’s the kick you will love to repeat and repeat and repeat!!
Make it happen : Mohan Chatti-Rishikesh (Uttarakhand), Ozone in Bangalore (Karnataka), Anjuna Beach, North Goa (10km north of Calangute), Della Adventure (Lonavala)
Check our Bungee Jumping Trip to Rishikesh at https://www.mumbaitravellers.in/bungy-jumping-rafting-at-rishikesh/
6. Scuba Diving & Snorkeling : Snorkeling is making breath-hold dives to observe aquatic life, up close and personal. It is the practice of swimming on or through a body of water while equipped with a diving mask, a shaped tube called a snorkel, and usually fins.
Scuba Diving is the exploration of unmapped spaces- From hammerhead sharks and manta rays to coral reefs filled with angelfish and sea horses, a wondrous underwater world of unique discoveries.
Make it happen : Tarkarli (Maharashtra), The Wall (Havelock Island), Cinque Island (Port Blair), Fish Rock (Passage island) – Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Aggati Island and Bangarram Island (Lakshadweep), Netrani Island (Karnataka)
Check our Tarkarli Scuba Diving and Snorkeling activities at https://www.mumbaitravellers.in/tarkarli-scuba-diving-tour-to-malvan/
7. River Rafting : River rafting has emerged as one of most popular sports in India. It is the sport of navigating a river in inflatable raft giving an adrenaline rush, depending on how choppy the river is. Pointing through the unbridled water and passing through parlous rapids is what you get. The most amazing fact is that almost anyone, including non-swimmers and those with no prior experience can, go rafting.
Make it happen: Indus River (Ladakh), Beas River (kullu), Ganga (Rishikesh), Tons river (Uttarakhand), and Kundalika River in Kolad (Maharashtra).
Check our Kolad River Rafting activity at https://www.mumbaitravellers.in/kundalika-adventure-kolad-river-rafting/
Check our Ganga River Rafting activity at https://www.mumbaitravellers.in/bungy-jumping-rafting-at-rishikesh/
8. Ice Skiing : Ice-skating or skiing is the act of moving on ice wearing skates on an ice-rink or on the frozen surface of lake. For winter sport lovers, it is a thrilling, breathtaking experience with some element of risk. Burdened with multiple layers of clothing in chilling weather, while balancing yourself on a piece of slide board- that’s snowboarding for you.
Make it happen : In the heartland of winter sports, Gulmarg (Kashmir), Pahalgam (Kashmir), Solang valley (Manali), Rohtang Pass (Manali), and Kufri (Shimla), Auli (Uttarakhand) etc
9. Jetovator Jet Ride : Jetovator ride is a combination of the sleek designed light weighed motor cycle and an airborne fighter machine! It gives the rider an amazing feel of riding a motorbike in the air, flying above the water exploring the vast horizon of the sea. Done under the supervision of trained professionals, this activity is a must to-do from our side!
Make it happen : Because it is new concept in India, this activity is done only in Lavasa (Maharashtra)
Check our Jetovator Ride activity at https://www.mumbaitravellers.in/adventurous-jetovator-jet-ride-at-lavasa/
10. Hot Air Ballooning : As someone said, “The Balloon seems to stand still in the air while the earth flies past underneath.” It is like rekindling the magic of flying aboard a hot air Balloon where every seat has a view!! Hot Air Balloon ride is as amusing as it sounds, with towering some amazing sceneries of India ranging from lush greenery hills to rich ancient ruins of cultural heritage, to float over the serene waters of lakes.
Make it happen : Jaipur (Rajasthan), Damdama Lake (Delhi), Hampi (west coast, Karnataka), Lonavala (Maharashtra).
Share this with crazy enthusiast like you with whom you wanna do such adventure activities 😉 For details about the adventure outings, visit @https://www.mumbaitravellers.in/upcoming-adventure-activities-near-mumbai/